When: TBD – Classes will be offered in the Fall of 2023
Start Time: 9:00 am
Danville Conservation Club Clubhouse and Range
855 Sycamore Lane
The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting course teaches the basic knowledge, skill and attitude for safely owning and operating a pistol. This course includes classroom and range time for semi-automatic pistol and/or revolvers. The class will run approximately 8 Hours. Any person of good character who is not legally disqualified from possessing a handgun in the U.S. can attend this class. Persons of less than 21 years of age may only take this course with their parent or with an adult guardian.
Students will learn:
• The NRA rules for safe gun handling.
• Pistol parts and operation.
• Ammunition types and knowledge.
• Shooting fundamentals.
• How to select the right pistol.
• Target scoring.
• Range rules.
• Shooting from two handed standing and bench rest positions.
• Cleaning pistols.
• Safe storage of pistols and ammunition.
• Plus continued opportunities for skill development.
1. The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook.
2. NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure.
3. The Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet.
4. A course certificate upon completion.
• A semi-automatic pistol, revolver or both. Smaller calibers are better to learn with. If you don’t yet own a handgun, contact me.
• 50-100 rounds of ammunition in the correct caliber for each pistol/revolver you bring. No reloaded ammunition.
• Pen/pencil, note pad and highlighter.
• Eye and ear protection (We do have some available).
This is the most taught NRA course nationwide for students who want to learn the proper operation of rim fire or center fire pistols. it provides a solid foundation for accurate shooting for further training or practice whether you are an experienced shooter or have never had formal instruction.
$40 DCC members
Course Cancellation / Change
There will be no refund due to materials that have to be obtained. If cancellations are received within 48 hours of the course date we will offer a one-time course rescheduling that must occur within 12 months of the original course date.
Failure to attend the scheduled course or cancellation with less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
To register for the course, complete the form and payment below: